Find a need and fix it
BSB30315 Certificate III in Micro business operations (MBO)
LPI are committed to Poverty Reduction and through our work dedicate resources to finding genuine needs in developing countries and identifying ways to “fix” them.
Through our work in Indonesia and Africa we have assisted others living on or below the poverty line to:
- obtain an education – completion of secondary school and college education, providing basic school supplies, sporting equipment and uniforms for children so then can attend school
- seek medical assistance – operation to correct a Cleft Pallet, assistance to obtain treatment for Cancer, medical equipment for a local hospital, support for man who has been abandoned by the community living with HIV
- assist development of small business – easy to fix Small Business – Bicycle repair worshop, tools for local furniture maker
- community – driving lessons for teenager to enable him to drive to find work to support his family.
Here’s some testimonials of what one of the groups have done with the extra funding:
‘We just finish celebrated one of our Holy Day, Ied Adha Day.
A special day when people should share their best Cow or Sheep for poor people.
Thank you to all whom contributed to the life of this baby, they arrived safely fro india today, 25th January 2013. May God bless you. Asante Sana & Miriam Mavura
Together with six other friends, I used your LPI’s extra money to buy a big cow.
We gave that cow to Rumah Zakat Indonesia, a charity national foundation and they made hundreds of cornet beef from our cow. They have been distributing it all over Indonesia,
as an emergency food for the victims of many disasters.
Thank you for the money you sent , myself and Macha we visited a leprosy
camp and poor people families and given maize flour , this people were
very thankful , again I discovered a young boy how can’t stand up he is 10
years old , I have ordered a tricycle and made an arrangement with a head
teacher at Lusu to take him to school.
These are some of the picture.
Our Cow, the process of making cornet beef and the cornet beef it self.
Thank you very much, you made hundreds of people happy, not just me :)’
All funds donated contribute to the needs of communities in Tanzania, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea which may include funds desparately needed for education, medical and tools to establish micro businesses to support the community.
The foundation is currently focusing on the Nzega community in a remote area of Tanzania. Mariam Muruva, Community Development Officer is providing direct links to community needs.
Following is the criteria we check on before funds are allocated:
- IS THE NEED GENUINE?
- IS THE RECIPIENT GENUINE?
- IS IT UNLIKELY TO BE MET BY OTHERS?
- ARE THE FUNDS REQUESTED FAIR & REASONABLE?
- WILL THE FUNDS ‘FIX’ THE NEED
- IS THE RECEIPT OF FUNDS ASSURED?
- WILL THE SPONSOR GET A RESPONSE AFTER DONATING
- IS THE SPONSOR ABLE TO PROVIDE ON-GOING SUPPORT IF REQUIRED
- WILL THE GIFT KEEP ON GIVING IN SOME WAY?
Below are some of the things our recent donations have gone towards::
- Assisting a baby born with an imperforated anus, to get special bags for collecting faeces from the large intestine, while assisting with other arrangements for travel for the major operation. The baby’s mother was unable to supply this, so donations assisted in providing this treatment and other things such as disinfectants and baby clothes.
- Porridge at the nursery school during a time of the year where there is a food shortage, resulting in some kids starving. Donations were able to provide 30kgs of maize flour and 20 kgs of sugar to avoid malnutrition.
- Sporting Equipment for School
- Educational resources for School
- An operation for a young man with with a dis-functional spleen. Operation was successful and he is now back to normal life.
- Sent child to India for emergency surgery – mother reported the operation went well and child is now thriving. Thanks Mariam for identifying those who are most vulnerable and supporting them on our behalf. Nzega District – Tanzania
If you are able to help it in any small way or interested in know more we would love to hear from you.
“Ya Blood’s worth bott’lin” … another favourite of Dad’s!!!
Remember: Your gift goes directly to fill the need and you can fix it!
LPI do not benefit from your donation in any way and you are kept informed of the difference your generous donation makes.